Revision mock exam - Rpresentation

In this essay I will be talking about the male gaze, final girl, feminism in horror,  teen punishment, hauntings and demonic possession, and hegemony. In this essay I will be explaining the meaning of these topics, and why they can be essential to horror films. Through out looking at my trailer there is no use of a female character which could connote that my trailer is based around patriarchy, this is further reinforced by the fact that the monster is a male character and could imply that males are trying to dominate society and codify the way everything is done.

Berger said that "men act and women appear. men look at women. women watch their self being looked at" which would support my trailer because I have not used a woman in my trailer but we do have men that act.

I think that my trailer applies to male gaze because although the audience isn't made to voyeur and look at women we are put in the perspective of looking through what the males are going through and how they deal with the situations and what they see. In-addition to this during the trailer we are shown male survival characteristics which allow at least one male to stay alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 narratives

Digital Technology essay

real media text essay